Monday, October 26, 2015

Birth and Death

"There! you see that patch near that big oak tree." I pointed to a place at a distance surrounded by mountains.

"Yes, I see it." came a confirmed response, "But what's so special about it?" he inquired in a puzzled tone.

"Place me there once I am done with the worldly pleasures of life" I added solemnly.

Quickly a hand was placed on my shoulder followed by a warm hug, "Oh! I am sorry. Did not know you were dying."

Taken aback I asked in a quizzed tone, ""Aren't we all since the day we are born?"


------

In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story about a final resting place. You can take any perspective that appeals to you from the historic to the horrific. Just don’t scare me too greatly. You can also choose to write about those buried before they came to their final rest. An extra challenge is to discover a story or character from a local cemetery. I double-dog dare you to join me with your own cemetery day!Join in the fun at CarrotRanch

No comments: